Very Easy to Say, "I'm Sure!' and Be Wrong, Am I Right?

 

I guess that foolish old man did the right thing to block me on social media. The old man remained incorrigible while having his toga display, apparently getting a doctorate. An earlier post I wrote was about the misuse and abuse of CTTO. I even wonder who in the world is Merkado CTTO? It's very easy to use CTTO to look smart. However, real studies need more than CTTO but several sources. It should be several valid sources and not just sources you agree with. I was laughing at this old man in a toga (who has thankfully blocked me after I tried to refute his errors as a nobody) who tends to use CTTO. I think he was also fond of saying, "I'm sure!" and then it ends up with several stupid claims.

Such people would be in what might be best called the MARITES Pyramid of Learning (read here). These people's best sources can be summarized as "Trust me bro" or "Just trust me". In the case of the meme I made, the peak of the pyramid is, "Just trust me or (insert insult)." Those who use insults hoping to win the argument aren't worth getting angry over. The big truth is that, according to the Positive Writer, using insults to win an argument is just plain stupid. Sure, I can get irritated. There's the chance I'll blow up. However, just because I got irritated or lost my cool doesn't change the facts. Though I'm told to keep cool because such people are plain incompetent.

It would be very easy to say one is sure of their claims. However, when challenged, it's very easy to go to the MARITES Pyramid of Learning. It's because insults make one feel good and feel like they've won. It could go as "I'm sure you're really stupid!" The person saying it might not even be aware of how many stupid claims he or she has made while saying, "I'm sure of it!" I can't really imagine how much error was made while the person kept saying, "I'm sure of it!" Or "I'm sure of it! If you don't believe me then you must be very stupid!" What a brilliant argument, right?" 

There are many instances of how "I'm sure!" is blended with the MARITES Pyramid of Learning. I could name some examples which can be very cringeworthy:

  1. Criminal investigations have been messed up because of this. First, we have the Vizconde Massacre (read here) and then we have the Chiong Sisters case (read my review on Give Up Tomorrow. Both cases were handled by judges who mishandled evidence by dismissing them. For example, retired judge Atty. Amelita G. Tolentino should've had the pieces of evidence examined before dismissing them. Didn't she say that the quality of evidence is more important than the amount of evidence?
  2. Gossip that the Chiong Sisters are still alive is another. It doesn't matter how much evidence is presented that Debbie Jane Chiong-Sia isn't Jacqueline and that Amelie R. Arquilliano-Chiong isn't Marijoy. Some people still continue to insist that they are. I guess not even taking them to the schools where the two studied will convince them. Maybe, they'll say the school fabricated the records--a serious case of slander that might land them in jail if they insist on it! I can imagine STC could file a case against such people as it can damage the school's reputation. 
  3. Some boomers still continue to insist that the Marcos Years were under a parliamentary form of government (read here). The evidence can be seen that there was a parliamentary without a parliament. The modifications still made the late Ferdinand E. Marcos Sr. a "president with powers". There's no president with powers in a real parliamentary system. Some even say it will make the Philippines worse even after being shown how parliamentary countries fare better. When confronted with evidence, they will still say, "I'm sure Marcos years were parliamentary!" with a series of poorly handed evidence.
  4. When people who go against FDI start to cite examples how it supposedly destroyed other countries. When asked for evidence, chances besides sources like IBON Foundation, they would start to use CTTO. If CTTO doesn't work, they start hurling insults such as, "Just admit it you're going to sell us to China, you moron!" 
  5. The same also goes for the late Flor Contemplacion (read here). Some people still salute the film The Flor Contemplacion Story as a masterpiece. They would say something like, "I'm sure Flor was innocent!" even after evidence was presented by forensics. The late Fidel V. Ramos later renewed ties with Singapore after he supposedly wanted to cut ties with it. I even heard Rodrigo R. Duterte later repent of his reckless act of burning the Singaporean flag in protest.
I'd like to conclude that it's very easy to say I'm sure. But one can be sure but be dead wrong. That's why I'd like to say, "Are you sure? Give me a valid source!" Because for all we know, the best source is from Trust Me Bro Factcheckers. 

Popular posts from this blog

Was Cesar Virata's Position as "Prime Minister" the Best Proof That a Parliamentary System Won't Work in the Philippines?

Shifting to the Parliamentary System is Better than Banning Political Dynasties

REAL TALK: The Liberal Party of the Philippines Can ONLY Become The Genuine Opposition Under A Genuine Parliamentary Constitution

Rare Interview Footage of Ninoy Aquino and Doy Laurel in Japan, Reveal Marcos Years Were NEVER a Legitimate Parliamentary System

Lee Kuan Yew and Mahathir Mohamad: Just a Matter of Strong Leadership Without a Good System?

The Vizconde Massacre and Trial by "Trust Me Bro"?

Was the Late John Regala Interviewed by the Directors of "Give Up Tomorrow"?

Trust Me Bro: The 1987 Constitution is the Best in the World!

Ifugao OFWs in Taiwan and Discovering More About One's Common Austronesian Roots

Can Anti-Reformists Prove to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy That the Marcos Regime was a Real Parliamentary?