Using Insults and Personal Attacks to Win an Argument When "Trust Me Bro" Fails

 

Granted, I'm not a fact checker and I'm just here to blog on facts over gossip. I've noticed that dealing with idiots on Facebook can be tiresome. I'll confess I've lost my cool many times when it comes to insults. What I foolishly never realized is that if people start to be disrespectful and throw insults--it could be a clear indicator of being a disgraceful loser. That kind of behavior is very common in the Trust Me Bro crowd. When asked for a source, they're most likely to say, "Just trust me, bro." If they feel they're losing the argument--they start getting disrespectful and start making insults. They can go from name calling or any form of Ad Hominem or personal attack.

I remembered how often I lost my cool. I could remember whining, crying, or acting like a child. However, if there's one thing worth thinking about, shouldn't I be laughing instead that my opponent is insulting me? It's because if my opponent starts insulting me like calling me names, saying I'm this or that, then the ground is very shaky. Their position is rather shaky when they start to hurl insults at me. It's because they feel threatened. They start throwing insults at me like a cornered cat. They want to win, and they want to feel to win, but deep within, they know they're cornered so they act like cornered cats.  

There were many arguments I could read on Facebook. I could remember a certain political science graduate. Another was a withered dancer in his early 60s (he was 24 in 1986, do the math). Both still insisted that the Marcos Regime in the 1970s was parliamentary. I kept citing the benefits of the parliamentary system. The political science graduate called me stupid and an animal. The withered dancer kept saying I was crazy and I should get my injection. I asked for empirical evidence. Instead, they gave me insults in hopes that they could "win" the argument.

This is the classic case of cognitive dissonance. The whole issue of using insults to win an argument is because they lost the argument. One of those fools I've argued with even said, "I'm just here to expose to people how stupid you are. Hahahahahahaha!" Does the hahahahahaha at the end even validate the argument? I wanted to punch the person. Instead, I was told why not laugh it off? Why not let the person enjoy his blunder?

We also have the classic case of the Duning-Kruger Effect. This is where people of low ability have the tendency to overestimate their ability. Being stupid is one thing. Not knowing you're intellectually stupid is another. That's why there's a proverb that says, "The empty container makes the most noise." The constant use of insults and personal attacks from such people can be empirical evidence of one's own foolishness. 

Popular posts from this blog

Was Cesar Virata's Position as "Prime Minister" the Best Proof That a Parliamentary System Won't Work in the Philippines?

Shifting to the Parliamentary System is Better than Banning Political Dynasties

REAL TALK: The Liberal Party of the Philippines Can ONLY Become The Genuine Opposition Under A Genuine Parliamentary Constitution

Rare Interview Footage of Ninoy Aquino and Doy Laurel in Japan, Reveal Marcos Years Were NEVER a Legitimate Parliamentary System

Lee Kuan Yew and Mahathir Mohamad: Just a Matter of Strong Leadership Without a Good System?

The Vizconde Massacre and Trial by "Trust Me Bro"?

Was the Late John Regala Interviewed by the Directors of "Give Up Tomorrow"?

Trust Me Bro: The 1987 Constitution is the Best in the World!

Ifugao OFWs in Taiwan and Discovering More About One's Common Austronesian Roots

Can Anti-Reformists Prove to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy That the Marcos Regime was a Real Parliamentary?