Dismissing an Article Because It was Written on Blogspot, WordPress, Etc.?

I guess one of the dumbest things I've run into on Facebook when I share my essays is, "Blogspot? WordPress? Is that a reliable source?" That's really a fallacy called Ad Hominem. That is choosing to attack me (the blogger) instead of the argument on Blogspot because I'm using a free domain

I share my articles written in Blogger for this reason--I don't like writing overly long comments. It's sometimes better to link to my links rather than type them so long on social media. Writing articles on my business blog and this blog prepares me to write a lot. I can choose long essays and short ones. I may need 1,000+ (or more) words to explain a topic. Sometimes, I need only a few words (like this one) to stress a point. In short, I use my blog posts like ready-to-go ammunition. 

Is my blog really suddenly, automatically fake news? FYI, I don't just write. I also do some Internet research. I even quote from some books like the late Lee Kuan Yew's book From Third World to First. I also read from news websites, academic websites (though I have to be careful about paid membership sites to avoid spending too much), and more.

I'd like to stress out that a person can get an impressive design, a yearly domain, etc., and still be giving out fake news mixed with the truth. Unfortunately, LKY even called the Philippines press to be rambunctious in his book From Third World to First when he said:

Ramos knew well the difficulties of trying to govern with strict American-style separation of powers. The senate had already defeated Mrs. Aquino's proposal to retain the American bases. The Philippines had a rambunctious press but it did not check corruption. Individual press reporters could be bought, as could many judges.

Would you really dismiss a valid argument on a free domain in exchange for a paid website full of rambunctious content? For all we know, the person using a free domain decided to go out there and get the information. The person may just be a hobby blogger so buying a domain might not be very practical. A blog is sometimes used to express ideals and share thoughts. Sure, it's not valid as an academic source. However, it can be used to automatically express views or to share thoughts without having to type ridiculously long comments.

Right now, I just write down my thoughts I don't intend to become some kind of expert. However, I do have my advocacy for constitutional reform in the Philippines. I'm also sharing my thoughts on shockers that I've encountered such as Francisco Juan G. Larrañaga's innocence or Hubert Jeffry Webb's innocence. I also want to share my thoughts on some random historical details. It's practicing my limited freedom of expression and freedom of the press. 

Sadly, some people still feel so high and mighty that they look down on those they call "just another blogger" or "minor, minor blogger". A degree, an award, etc. might be good but it's not a license to belittle people who are ordinary netizens. Even worse, the name-calling and bullying might show how awards and degrees may not be the best credibility. 

Popular posts from this blog

Was Cesar Virata's Position as "Prime Minister" the Best Proof That a Parliamentary System Won't Work in the Philippines?

Shifting to the Parliamentary System is Better than Banning Political Dynasties

REAL TALK: The Liberal Party of the Philippines Can ONLY Become The Genuine Opposition Under A Genuine Parliamentary Constitution

Rare Interview Footage of Ninoy Aquino and Doy Laurel in Japan, Reveal Marcos Years Were NEVER a Legitimate Parliamentary System

Lee Kuan Yew and Mahathir Mohamad: Just a Matter of Strong Leadership Without a Good System?

The Vizconde Massacre and Trial by "Trust Me Bro"?

Was the Late John Regala Interviewed by the Directors of "Give Up Tomorrow"?

Trust Me Bro: The 1987 Constitution is the Best in the World!

Ifugao OFWs in Taiwan and Discovering More About One's Common Austronesian Roots

Can Anti-Reformists Prove to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy That the Marcos Regime was a Real Parliamentary?