What It Felt Like Entering the National Museum of the Philippines in Cebu City

National Museum

As a man in his late 30s, I can really miss the memories of the 1990s and the early 2000s (which included my college years). I miss a lot of people who are no longer with us too. I'd like to share my experience at the National Museum of the Philippines-Cebu. I haven't gone to a historical site in like, forever. Maybe, I could talk about some "historical sites" I "visited" a short time after the pandemic such as Bonsu Temple (a Buddhist temple in Pasil) and the Colon Chinese Temple (which I heard is no longer lived by anyone, if I'm not wrong). I wanted to go to Casa Gorordo, to relive some of my college days. Going to the NMP-Cebu made me feel like a student again. 

Entering meant I had to get my ID. I presented my UMID ID as a registration. It was composed of two floors. It's spacious so getting lost (at first) can be expected for a first-time visitor. The first floor contained artifacts. That would remind me of the days at the University of San Carlos-Downtown Campus museum, during my college days. It was also during my college days when I had my humanities class. My grade in the subject could've been better but I'd like to value learning more.

The first floor contained several artifacts. The near maze-like structure made me dizzy for a bit. It was a hot day, after all. I parked my car somewhere and walked a long mile. I've had the difficulty of navigating the maze-like first floor. Seeing various artifacts, minerals, and dioramas made me feel younger. Speaking of which, I laughed when a museum guide thought I was merely a fresh graduate. Another person thought I was a South Korean, or said I looked like a certain South Korean actor. It's safe to assume that the guide watches K-Drama. Anyway, I had to slow things down since I might end up breaking historical artifacts. It's a good thing I paid attention to the rules.

It was time to enter the second floor. The artwork of the Abellanas was featured. A lot of the artworks there are decades old already. I accidentally stepped on the line on the second floor of the same building. Looking at old paintings and reading about some of Cebu's history was enlightening. 

I didn't stay for too long though. I did complete my visit. However, I did envy the students who were there since they'd get to have a guided tour. I'd recommend giving the place a visit. It's a project by the Aboitizes, and its chairman is Andoni Aboitiz. 

Popular posts from this blog

Was Cesar Virata's Position as "Prime Minister" the Best Proof That a Parliamentary System Won't Work in the Philippines?

Shifting to the Parliamentary System is Better than Banning Political Dynasties

REAL TALK: The Liberal Party of the Philippines Can ONLY Become The Genuine Opposition Under A Genuine Parliamentary Constitution

Rare Interview Footage of Ninoy Aquino and Doy Laurel in Japan, Reveal Marcos Years Were NEVER a Legitimate Parliamentary System

Lee Kuan Yew and Mahathir Mohamad: Just a Matter of Strong Leadership Without a Good System?

The Vizconde Massacre and Trial by "Trust Me Bro"?

Was the Late John Regala Interviewed by the Directors of "Give Up Tomorrow"?

Trust Me Bro: The 1987 Constitution is the Best in the World!

Ifugao OFWs in Taiwan and Discovering More About One's Common Austronesian Roots

Can Anti-Reformists Prove to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy That the Marcos Regime was a Real Parliamentary?