Facts vs. Gossip: Why Fat Acceptance Isn't as Cool as the Gossipers Say

Back in college, I recall having the idea of exercise being "too complicated". It doesn't have to sound complicated. I have my journey from 2013-2023 where I really lost much weight. After having a Mi-Band, I thought about how losing weight was something. 

I ended up running into the video of this attractive blonde girl. I admit that I watched it partly because she's pretty. Then again, some videos with really ugly-looking people are entertaining when they have very good content. I watched the video and I could really laugh (and cringe) at the stupidity of the fat people in the video. Hearing them whine is really that annoying. The girl really talks about some sense in many of her videos. A lot of people are simply trying to become what they're not and try to defy the facts.

It's just so stupid how fat acceptance people even shame people who are trying to lose weight. I've watched some weight loss stories and found out some of them had suffered a lot of health issues. I really enjoy how this man made the resolution to lose weight. I was watching this video during my weight loss journey. It's a good thing that I didn't wait until I got as fat as the person in the video.

It's time to really think about how obesity is dangerous. Doctors have every duty to tell the inconvenient truth. I thought of the time when my congenital cataract came to fruition. Could I sue the doctor over the inconvenient truth that I needed to hear? I would need to heed the advice and have my laser cataract removal and my trifocal lens in. Otherwise, I'd be really incapacitated without what I'd call my Terminator eye now. 

I got this information from the Center for Disease Control which talks about the problems of being obese:

People who have overweight* or obesity, compared to those with healthy weight, are at increased risk for many serious diseases and health conditions. These include:

  • All-causes of death (mortality).
  • High blood pressure (hypertension).
  • High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (dyslipidemia).
  • Type 2 diabetes.
  • Coronary heart disease.
  • Stroke.
  • Gallbladder disease.
  • Osteoarthritis (a breakdown of cartilage and bone within a joint).
  • Sleep apnea and breathing problems.
  • Many types of cancer.
  • Low quality of life.
  • Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders
  • Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning.

*Overweight is defined as a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or higher. Obesity is defined as a BMI of 30 or higher. See the BMI calculator for people 20 years and older and the BMI calculator for people ages 2 through 19.

I think one of the reasons why my brain didn't work well in high school, is a lack of physical activity. I would eat out of self-pity and think that exercise is too complicated. I would like to also point out that I did have high blood pressure around 2013-2014. After I lost a lot of excess weight and had my COVID-19 vaccination--I found out my blood pressure was normal for both the first and the second shots. The same went for the third shot, ever since I was engaging in moderate to high-intensity exercises before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Sure, I'm against fat-shaming but it's really uncool to be fat too. The problems with obesity can lead to being unable to enjoy life. People can also become too fat to fly and too fat for the amusement park rides. It's not discrimination not to let overly heavy people from riding rides that can't bear their weight. 

Fortunately, some fat people are having a gym membership or getting into workouts. Sometimes, what they may need is just simply to do some basic cardio workouts, cut down on the sugary stuff (such as soft drinks, learn not to add sugar into one's drinks, etc.), and much related stuff. Sure, it's the inside that counts. However, heed the saying that 

It would be time to finally get serious. Fat-shaming is bad then again so is normalizing obesity. Both are just as misguided as people who spend too much or spend too little. The keyword is moderation. Some people may have genetic obesity. Some people will not develop model-like bodies. The aim isn't to become a model but to lose weight for health reasons.

Popular posts from this blog

Was Cesar Virata's Position as "Prime Minister" the Best Proof That a Parliamentary System Won't Work in the Philippines?

Shifting to the Parliamentary System is Better than Banning Political Dynasties

REAL TALK: The Liberal Party of the Philippines Can ONLY Become The Genuine Opposition Under A Genuine Parliamentary Constitution

Rare Interview Footage of Ninoy Aquino and Doy Laurel in Japan, Reveal Marcos Years Were NEVER a Legitimate Parliamentary System

Lee Kuan Yew and Mahathir Mohamad: Just a Matter of Strong Leadership Without a Good System?

The Vizconde Massacre and Trial by "Trust Me Bro"?

Was the Late John Regala Interviewed by the Directors of "Give Up Tomorrow"?

Trust Me Bro: The 1987 Constitution is the Best in the World!

Ifugao OFWs in Taiwan and Discovering More About One's Common Austronesian Roots

Can Anti-Reformists Prove to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy That the Marcos Regime was a Real Parliamentary?